Graphic Novel:From the Files of Primatech, Part 1
| From the Files of Primatech, Part 1|
1963, Part 1
|Issue #: ||166 ||Released: ||February 17, 2010 |
|Story by:||Howie Kaplan|
|Art by:||Jason Badower|
|Produced by:||Nanci Quesada|
|Next:||From the Files of Primatech, Part 2|
|The original founders of The Company have come together in Greenwich Village for a folk concert--but they're not there for the music.|
|In 1961, the US government rounded up anyone exhibiting unexplainable abilities and sent them to be studied at an internment camp in Coyote Sands, New Mexico. It was there that a young Angela Petrelli met a trio of teenaged boys named Charles Deveaux, Bob Bishop, and Daniel Linderman, with whom she would sneak out of camp at night for a touch of teenage fun and normalcy.|
It was on one of these forays out of camp that the bubbling tensions between the camp's "guests" and armed guards boiled over into an all-out massacre. That night, Angela, Charles, Bob, and Daniel swore that they would form a company to protect people like them -- people with abilities.
That was just over two years ago...
In 1963, Chris Coolidge performs at Uncle Ira's in Greenwich Village, playing his guitar and singing a rather terrible song. In the crowd, young Angela Petrelli, Bob Bishop, Daniel Linderman and Charles Deveaux listen to him and wonder why Angela's dream led them to Chris. Angela reminds them that her dreams are not always easy to understand and they wonder how Chris can be so good while being so bad. Chris finishes his first song and starts another, pleasing his crowd.
A young Kaito Nakamura asks Angela to dance, and Charles translates for him. Bob also goes to dance with a woman and Chris's song is interrupted by the arrival of the police. Everything stops and the police ask people to leave, as the concert is over capacity. Chris tells them to stop and a fight ensues. Angry, Chris sends out a sound blast, saying that he will start a riot. Angela notices what is happening and "expresses her displeasure".
- Normally, graphic novels are released at some point between Monday night and Tuesday morning. However, this graphic novel was published midday on Wednesday, February 17, 2010.
- No Easter Egg was released at the time of this graphic novel's publishing.
- The title in the graphic novel cover differs from the one in the NBC graphic novel library, in it, the title is "From the Primatech Files".
- Angela's last name is noted as "Petrelli". This may be an error as she was not married at that date, though when the file was actually written is never disclosed.
- With a total of 8 parts, From the Files of Primatech is the longest series of graphic novels.
- For other uses of Primatech, see Primatech (disambig).
- For images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 1, see images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 1.